Pages

Sunday 30 June 2024

Learning Gazebo and Ros 2

 I have been thinking about building my own AUV for algorithm testing. I also have the corrected parameters from Preterus' thesis and my own thesis AUV parameters. I was considering building the robot and coding it as I had done before, but I know that the inertial navigation system is going to be a challenge (as always). So, it would be good to simulate the system. I went online and saw that, after many years, Gazebo now has a buoyancy module and can simulate AUVs. I tried to use Gazebo for my PhD, but at that time, the modules were not complete, and literature for the system was non-existent. Crossing my fingers, hoping it's better this time.

Let's start...

My current objectives for Gazebo:

a) Set up a VM to run Gazebo and ROS2

b) Run the vehicle blue tutorial

c) Add a double IMU to the vehicle as a test

d) Run the AUV demo

e) Add my first sensor to the AUV model

f) Create a plugin to have a ballast system to change the vehicle weight

g) Add IMU, compass, and GPS to Gazebo

No comments: